Somerville

Oh sneaky readers how I have missed you! Its been quite a while and I have to say I've had quite a lot going on in my life- so its high time for an update.

First of all I have officially moved out and made my new home in Somerville MA (which is near Boston/Cambridge). My apartment is lovely, pretty big, I have my own room which I really love, two awesome roommates, and grand plans to start a porch garden this Spring. I do have a whole bunch of pictures of the place but sadly I cannot find my digital camera connector cord (it might still be in Ohio) so those will just have to wait. I am not 100% moved in yet as Mom and Jim are still coming with another carload of my junk in a couple weeks. But Dad was here last week and brought quite a bit of stuff. We also went to IKEA and built me a HUGE closet (since my room doesn't have one in it) I love this closet- it is so nice and big and I can see everything- it rules. It takes up pretty much a whole wall of my room, but I had the space and I don't need a dresser anymore so... win.

Somerville is really great- its sort of torturing me at the moment though because there are SO MANY awesome places to eat and shops and I have absolutely NO money to spend on that kind of stuff right now until I get a full time job. But I guess I've got time. I have been to Ball Square Cafe & Breakfast with Dad which was pretty great. And Kick- Ass Cupcakes... the name suits it- best cupcake I have ever had. One cool thing about Somerville is that the restaurants around here are big on Brunch and Breakfast and all the places around here compete. Everyone comes to Somerville for Brunch, this place was made for me.

As far as work I have a few things going on as well. I got a job at the Liberty Tax on the Boston Common (which is beautiful and I can't wait till its just a little warmer out so I can go explore it some more). Thanks in large part to the awesome Tom Stephens *shout out Tom I know you read this nonsense* Everyone at Liberty has been super welcoming and seem really excited about me being there. Its a primarily female office which I like and I have been learning all about Mass tax stuff which is a little cooky in a lot of ways. So I'll be doing that until April 18th and I'm hoping to supplement it with some Temp work while I look for a full time position for after Tax season.

I have also been on a few auditions. One for the S&Co education show, and one for a staged reading. So we'll see what happens with all that. The nice thing about auditions around here is that the Theater district is on the same street as Liberty Tax- about 10 minutes down the block walking. Fate? I think so.

I have started running again since the weather is starting to get nicer and there are a ton of nice places to run around here. Today I did a 5 mile sort of "running tour" of a bunch of the squares in Somerville. Everything is set up in squares here, I'd like to try to find a good waitressing job around here if I'm going to be around this summer, so I was also scoping out who was hiring.

I'm having a great time so far. I have a little anxiety about money and about what on earth I am going to be doing for the summer and where I will be, but hopefully those things will be worked out in the next couple of weeks. As much as I would love to be at Shakespeare & Company this summer, I think I would also be fine with staying here and really getting settled into a good job for the summer. Hopefully one that can involve some acting in Boston also.

So never fear friends and family, the big bad city has not destroyed me yet. Hopefully I can post some pictures soon. Happy Spring.

Comments

  1. Nice to see you back at the blog! Keep the faith Sis, it is all gonna come together, I can feel it!

    Love you, miss your singing voice, but not the dishes! XOXOOOX

    Momma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts