The Rest of 2011

Hello sneaky readers. Here I am bestowed safe and sound back in Boston. I'm glad to be back and have spent the last couple of weeks getting settled and figuring out my life.

My biggest challenge still remains- finding a full-time day job- I have quite a few prospects but nothing has come to fruition yet. Hopefully I'll have some news on that in the next couple of weeks. I've applied to some Costume based jobs, and some Higher Ed admin positions. Keep your fingers crossed kids! Until then I'm working full- time in Temping land and managing to survive. So it could be a lot worse.

But besides the whole job/steady income thing (a minor issue really.... right...) things have been going quite well for me the last few weeks. I started off my very first day back from Shakespeare & Company on my next show:





So there's all the info for that incase anyone out there wants to stop by.

And as soon as I close Slasher I will be doing SLAM! Boston: Uncensored which is a new 10 minute plays festival that runs November 14-16th at Boston Playwrights Theatre. I am playing Jodi in Goodwill. Salvation Army. War.

And the week after THAT I go into rehearsals for Uncle Vanya at Apollinaire Theatre Company. Vanya is being played by John Kuntz which I'm really excited about (google him and you'll see why) And that runs December 29th- January 15th with a possible extension if we need it. I'm playing Sonya which is kind of a dream role of mine.

It is sort of a load off my mind to have so much of the rest of the year planned out already. And the fact that I have this much acting work after only being here a few weeks is really reassuring to me that I actually should be here doing this. The next step is to start getting PAID for these things. But hey... I'm working on it.

So goals for the rest of the year 1) act real good 2) get real job 3) meet real awesome people 4) get home to see the fam and ladies once or twice.

In short- all is well- and I continue to slowly figure things out. I also went on a date today... dun dun DUN!!!

Comments

Popular Posts